Re: Feature request: --ionice option

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Feature request: --ionice option
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:51:16 +0200

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 3:16 PM Sven Hartrumpf <hartrumpf@gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks for this excellent and versatile tool!

Glad you like it.

Will you be joining us for the birthday party? Or hosting your own?
https://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/10-years-anniversary.html

> I found the option --nice , but not --ionice
> (see for example /usr/bin/ionice).

nice takes a single argument, where as ionice takes more:

       ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] command [argument...]

So can you show how you would like this to work? Also give an example
of where you cannot just simply put ionice in the command.

I take it that the primary use case is for remote servers - just like
it is for --nice.

/Ole