Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list

From: Douglas A. Augusto
Subject: Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:32:18 -0300

On 14/09/2014 at 02:31,
"Douglas A. Augusto" <daaugusto@gmail.com> wrote:

> After that--and if the ssh login file doesn't change anymore--GNU Parallel
> will behave as expected and will only start new jobs if there is no job
> running on server1.net and less then 5 jobs running on server5.net.

Let me correct myself. Actually, when starting new jobs GNU Parallel will not
check if the total number of running jobs on a host is less than its capacity.
Thus, there will be 5 + the number of unfinished jobs running on server5.net,
for example.

It seems that after rereading an ssh login file, GNU Parallel simply
forgets/loses track of the number of jobs still running on each machine.

--
Douglas A. Augusto