Re: option for performing dry run

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: option for performing dry run
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:24:03 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Cook, Malcolm <MEC@stowers.org> wrote:

> I am interested in the effect of --dry-run as coded on --trc.  Will the --trc
> actually happen or not?

Ahh: My mistake. I forgot to document --dry-run. I normally try to
make it priority to write the man page before implementing the code,
so I have a goal to go for (I sometimes change the man page if the
goal did not work in practice or was too hard to implement).

Here is the manpage entry for --dry-run. It will be in next version:

  --dry-run
                Print the job to run on standard output, but do not run the
                job. Use -v -v to include the ssh/rsync wrapping if the job
                would be run on a remote computer. Do not count on this
                literaly, though, as the job may be scheduled on another
                computer or the local computer if : is in the list.

So the answer is: -v -v

/Ole