paragui-users

[paragui-users] news: sprite engine and volume controls

From: Keith Swyer
Subject: [paragui-users] news: sprite engine and volume controls
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:31:13 -0300

just thought i'd update anyone who's interested......

My variable framerate sprite engine is nearing completion. It came about b/c
of the same reason that i've been seeing on the list about porting kyra to
PG, plus kyra doesn't work on the mac. I know what i've done probably isn't
as good (yet) as kyra, but it's a start. This is what's currently available.
shown (or series of sprites)
--variable framerate (or single fr)
--sprites images are similar to kyra (all sprite frames are on the same
image file to help keep file numbers small)
--transparent color keys (r,g,b)
--alpha blending
--start/pause/stop a sprite
--re-using  frames in any order simply
-- NO colision detection yet (wasn't necessary for what i am working on
currently, but easily inserted)
    -- some of the functions are started, but not 100% working yet.

-- Sprite Lists - multiple sprites contained in a single list that
--allows you to pick which sprites to play in the list int  PlaySprites
(list< int > *idlist)
        play the sprites with the given ids

-- remove/add/stop/start/pause the entire list

I am currently finishing of an application that will make the creation of
the XML files and testing an animation or sprite simpler and without having
to test it in your app first.  this is being done with the help of Craig
right now.

I am hoping to have it up for download within the next week, and would like
to see you guys test the hell out of it if you have time :)

2) I have also finished a custom slider that controls any of the windows
system volume controls directly. i will also hopefully soon have it working
for the mac using the sound manager. only problem is, i have no idea how to
yet :)
If anyone knows how, that'd be great.....  :)    this will also be up to
download soon.

i'm hoping to have them available on my website ...   www.tracstarr.com  ,
and i'll post a link when they are there. But if anyone is interested
sooner, let me know.

--keith