paragui-users

[paragui-users] re: Listbox variables

From: Keith Swyer
Subject: [paragui-users] re: Listbox variables
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:09:15 -0300

i'm just curious as to why update would cause a problem. I am assuming that
you are just trying to make the selected item change by using the arrow
keys? and the reason that these variable are private is that there should be
no reason to need to access them, even if you are subclassing. i don't see
why you would need to change the pointer to my_selected_item without
updating the listbox so that you see that item selected. otw you would get
an item selected that really wasn't the 'my_selected_item' which would just
lead to problems i'm sure....

but maybe if i understood more what you are trying to acomplish........
--Keith