paragui-users

[paragui-users] Private PG_ListBox variables.

From: Olaf Ernst
Subject: [paragui-users] Private PG_ListBox variables.
Date: 15 Aug 2002 17:19:39 -0100

Hi,

I'm just writing a listbox subclass to add keyboard support.
The problem is, that I have to update the "my_selectedItem" pointer,
which is not accessable because it's declared private.
Using "SelectItem(PG_ListBoxBaseItem* item, bool select)" is no
option in this case, as it calls "update", which leads to other
problems.

To solve the problem I've changed the pglistbox.h header, but I find
it very interesting why 3 important variables of the PG_ListBox
class are not declared protected.

Does anybody have a idea ?

greetings,

        olaf

We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.