pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan on Ubuntu 14.04

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan on Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:39:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:13:45 -0500, Chris Gentle wrote:

> Well, that's a start.  Thanks for the info.

I think the culture of this group prefers that follow-ups be posted at
the bottom of the thread (which is what pan does). Anyway, I just tried
building from source under Ubuntu 14.04 using the following steps:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/pan2
cd pan2
autogen.sh
configure --with-gnutls
make
sudo make install

I apparently have all the necessary dev packages since this succeeded.
Said it used GnuTLS 3.2.11. This way, it installs to /usr/local so as not
to conflict with the version that comes with Ubuntu (which does not
support SSL). So I ran it using /usr/local/bin/pan
I am using that version to post this. I can see from the server
configuration screen that secure connection is now offered, but I have
not yet tested it.
-- David