pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header group
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 04:43:24 +0000 (UTC)

Wayne E. Nail posted on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 01:04:02 +0000 as excerpted:

> Duncan: Actually I was looking for a way to avoid gmane's complaints
> about 80+ character lines *when I use the gmane dialog to compose a
> message*. The other stuff... as usual you taught me things, but they
> didn't address the question. I thought from past threads that you used
> gmane to manage pan-users dialog.

I do, but I don't use any gmane dialog, because I use the gmane news (not
web) interface, and thus, pan.

Perhaps my remark that multiple pan instances might work around the issue,
as would turning off the fetch headers at pan open, makes more sense in
that light.  I'm using pan to read the list, thru gmane's news interface,
not the web browser, thru their web interface.

Thus, no gmane 80-char dialog here, even tho I'm using gmane, because it's
pan's warning I get instead, and in pan, it's just a warning, which you
can ignore and post anyway.  (Usually in my case it's due to a long URL or
some such, that breaks if wrapped, but the rest of the message is < 80
chars so is fine, and I can and do simply hit the pan warning dialog's
ignore button.)

That make a bit more sense now, or is one or both of us still missing the
other's point?