pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header

From: Wayne E . Nail
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header group
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 02:51:05 +0000 (UTC)

Wayne E. Nail <address@hidden> writes:

> _________________________

Pan died again, attempting the same newsgroup's 400-day header retrieval with
the same conditions. I include this only because this time, I know that the
relevant debug packages were installed *before* the Pan run.

http://pastebin.org/434882

If there are other switches, package installs, environment settings, etc. I
might try to elucidate this problem further, I am ready and willing to
entertain them.

To make sure... I have built this Pan instance by:

 # cd /usr/local
 # git clone git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2.git
 # git pull
 remote: Counting objects: 20, done.
 Unpacking objects: 100% (11/11), done.
 From git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2
    ddccefe..85e977c  testing    -> origin/testing
 Already up-to-date.
 # ./autogen.sh
 # make
 # make install

Then, as my regular user, I ran gdb and pan from my ~ directory

Please point out to me any errors in the above. I am not a programmer.
I function at this level as a monkey who has been taught what lever pushed
gets a banana.