pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.134 and Beyond

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.134 and Beyond
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:30:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:27:12 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> I've gotten my git account refreshed at gnome.org and have started
> committing changes for 0.134. :)

        Best news in ages! Strength to your arm!

        [snipperoo : technicalia over my head]

        [snipperee]

> Another model, which would IMO be better, would be a committee of people
> existed to do these things, and if I were just one of many people
> involved.  I still have a special love for Pan, but at this point I've
> got more love for it than free time.

        Some here may know more about developments in CentOS; to judge
just from what has been made public in Gmane's CentOS.general, the
developers there must have been through a good deal of intelligent
thought lately about just this problem -- and are still at it.

> Lastly, I'm not sure there's any point in keeping these awkward pre-1.0
> numbers going any longer.  I doubt anyone except Duncan and me -- or
> maybe just Duncan, come to think of it -- remember the remaining goals
> for 1.0.  If we were to name the next release 1.0, that would at least
> signal to the rest of the world that Pan still has some life left in it.

        Again there is a case that looks, at least to me, to be parallel
-- the history of the browser Dillo. And again, some here may have far
more detailed grasp of it than I.