pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:25:35 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Berman <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 30
May 2008 00:48:15 -0700:

> Hi, this may be sort of a dumb question, but is it possible and/or
> feasible to run pan on Mac OS X 10.5 without using Fink or MacPorts?
> I've traditionally used Fink under 10.4 to install gtk, etc., but I just
> got a new Mac with Leopard and I'm setting it up now.  If, as Apple
> states, OS X is a true Unix now, then do we still need Fink/MacPorts, or
> is it just a matter of directly compiling gtk, etc. and then doing the
> same for pan?

Hopefully someone better informed can add to this, as I don't do Mac (or
indeed, slaveryware at all) software, but here's a quick turn-around
first reply based on what someone posted.

IIRC, someone mentioned doing exactly that, compiling directly, no Fink
or whatever, when posting a question a few weeks ago.  I remember it
since that was the first time I knew it was possible.  Maybe he's still
around and can help you out with the details.