pan-users

[Pan-users] Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: [Pan-users] Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 00:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, this may be sort of a dumb question, but is it possible and/or feasible to
run pan on Mac OS X 10.5 without using Fink or MacPorts?  I've traditionally
used Fink under 10.4 to install gtk, etc., but I just got a new Mac with
Leopard and I'm setting it up now.  If, as Apple states, OS X is a true Unix
now, then do we still need Fink/MacPorts, or is it just a matter of directly
compiling gtk, etc. and then doing the same for pan?

Thanks!

Jeff