pan-users

[Pan-users] Status on mulitple server issues

From: Phil
Subject: [Pan-users] Status on mulitple server issues
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

What is the status on the multiple servers on
localhost issue?

After one too many freezes with Pan1, I've finally
taken the plunge and am now testing Pan 0.131 (already
compiled this a while back), will upgrade soon again
to 0.132.

I have immediately run into the multiple server issue
on localhost as per last month's thread.

If the fallback server cannot connect, it just keeps
trying.  It doesn't seem to ever try the primary
server (again?).

If the primary server connects first, I am not sure(?)
if the fallback server is ever tried.

If however a group is on a second primary server but
not on the first, Pan seems to connect and fetch that
group's headers fine?

I'm not really sure if all that - have to check.

It would greatly help if Pan had an "enable/disable
server" tick on a menu listing the server nicks.

In other words it looks broken to hell.

Any progress or advice?

Thx

Be a better friend, newshound, and