pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: can't fetch news

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: can't fetch news
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:48:29 +0530 (IST)

> First, just letting you know that the pan 0.14.x series is deprecated and
> no longer considered supported.

> ...SNIP....

> but it does scale better (MUCH better!) particularly in binary groups,
> and has fully automated and transparent server support, now.

I can't. This is my workstation owned by my employer and we have RHEL4
(which uses old GTK1) and because of  some technical reasons he is not
going to switch.

> You are correct.  According to the error, your news server is closing the
> ........SNIP.........

> connect and download anything.  If you can, from either msnews or gmane
> (or anyone else for that matter), then you know your client isn't screwed
> up and it's almost /certain/ to be a server problem.  Of course, if you
> can't successfully connect to either msnews or gmane either, well, then
> you have a different problem we can try to work on.
>
> In any case, please let us know how things go. =8^)

> Duncan

I can fetch from gmane and sunsite news server ( the one i recently
registered ).

So, good news is that, PAN is ok :) . I need to inform aioe people.

Thanks for this help. I really appreciate and quite amazed at the time you
put in for helping me  :)

-- arnuld
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com