pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Duplicate detection

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Duplicate detection
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:14:26 +0000 (UTC)

Robert Krig <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:26:24
+0100:

> Duncan schrieb:
>> One easy way to cope with the issue is to check if the main file
>> (without the *.n attached) is complete (if desired), then simply go thru
>> and delete all the *.n files.  In bash:
>>
>> rm *.[1-9]
>>

> This approach is ok if all of the extra files or complete duplicates or
> incomplete. But what if they are the only valid copy of a multi-part post?
>
> For example:
>
> filename.part01.rar is corrupted. and is only 10MB big
> filename.part01.rar.1 is complete and intact and is 14MB big.
>
> If your downloading a post with over 60 parts, in can get quite tedious to
> manually delete/rename the specific files.
>
> I have to admit, its been quite a while since I noticed this happening.
>
> Perhaps it was as you said and I simply had a old version installed. At
> the moment I have the most current version of pan.

I know it gets tedious.  =8^(  I was there for that bug, and was hit by
it.  It /did/ get rather tedious. =8^(

On the bright side, while there might be an occasional stray case due to
the vagaries of fate, I've not seen anything like that in awhile either,
so believe it was that bug triggering most of it.