pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Duplicate detection

From: Robert Krig
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Duplicate detection
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:26:24 +0100

Duncan schrieb:
One easy way to cope with the issue is to check if the main file (without
the *.n attached) is complete (if desired), then simply go thru and delete
all the *.n files.  In bash:

rm *.[1-9]

This approach is ok if all of the extra files or complete duplicates or incomplete. But what if they are the only valid copy of a multi-part post?

For example:

filename.part01.rar is corrupted. and is only 10MB big
filename.part01.rar.1 is complete and intact and is 14MB big.

If your downloading a post with over 60 parts, in can get quite tedious to manually delete/rename the specific files.

I have to admit, its been quite a while since I noticed this happening.

Perhaps it was as you said and I simply had a old version installed. At the moment I have the most current version of pan.