pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Determining scoring/filter efficacy

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Determining scoring/filter efficacy
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:37:22 +0000 (UTC)

Byron Sonne <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 14 Nov 2006
19:19:23 -0500:

> What I'd like to know is if there is a way to determine the number of
> posts removed from display in the header pane based on such
> scoring/filtering. In the 'event manager' information is already
> displayed concerning the number of scoring rules read in, regex
> failures, etc... would it be hard to extend this functionality such that
> number of matches per-rule (or per the whole score file if it is easier)
> would be reported as well?
>
> Perhaps I'm not explaining this too well, in which case, I'd be happy to
> clear it up.

Seems clear enough a request, here.  I like it.  Have you filed a
enhancement bug on it yet?  (There are already enhancement bugs
open on returning the overall message count to the groups pane, and on
putting the unread/total or selected message count when appropriate in the
title bar, but I don't believe I've seen a request for scoring hit status
just yet.)

Of course, such changes aren't going to be until after 1.0, which is
imminent, so I'd set the target at pre-1.1 when I filed the bug.