pan-users

[Pan-users] batching new header retrieval

From: oldschool
Subject: [Pan-users] batching new header retrieval
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:13:25 -0800

Thanks for the great news reader and the splendid improvements to the pending
release.  I can't think of many other projects moving forward at this pace.

I check in on many groups only occasionally.  The header download for a seldom
visited mp3 group can take a dozen minutes or more.  I realize juggling
300,000+ articles in a group will ALWAYS be slow, but would a batch script
that retrieved new headers for subscribed groups save some of that time?

Can I off-load (pre-load?) any of the wait?

Does anyone know of another program/script that fetches header info in a form
pan can use?  OR any reasonable form, I'll try to hack something together if
there's interest.

os