pan-users

[Pan-users] [0.101] FIXME: delete_server not implemented

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [0.101] FIXME: delete_server not implemented
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:04:11 -0700

I just put my most expensive NSP on vacation hold so I could
evaluate a cheaper one.  I surely could use either a 'suspend'
or 'delete' function right now.  There are a lot of non-obvious
things to consider when aggregating news servers.  Things like:
if a primary server hangs, how long do you wait before dropping
to a backup server.  How do you know which server is hanging if
you have two with equal rank?  Probably many more I haven't thought
of yet.