pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.100 downloads marked as saved

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.100 downloads marked as saved
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:24:18 +0000 (UTC)

"Keith Richie" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden,
excerpted below, on  Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:28:09 -0400:

> Thanks for fixing that!<br>I'm really enjoying these new releases of
> Pan.<br><br>If you wanted to add some more features somewhere down the
> road, here's some ideas - <br><br>When you import a file foo.nzb, have
> Pan save those files to the folder /&lt;default save path&gt;/foo/.
> layout, or combine multiple groups into one tab.<br><br>

Please keep HTML off the list.  PAN doesn't do HTML, and many regulars
(myself included) consider it a favorite tool of spammers and crackers,
and nothing but unnecessary risk for legitimate content.

As for the new features, Charles has stated that most of those will be
post 1.0 (which appears to be his goal for next stable, by the end of the
year I'm guessing).  Until then, he's mainly concentrating on getting the
rewrite fully stabilized and worthy of being called a 1.0, without too
many regressions from the 0.14.x series.  (It does appear per-group
preferences may wait until after 1.0, however, and they were in 0.14.x.
Saying this having not yet tried .100; I'll compile it 2nite.)