pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Dear Members Sky Bank Please Verify Acconts !

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Dear Members Sky Bank Please Verify Acconts !
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:14:34 -0500

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 20:25 +0100, Lenny Nero wrote:
> Travis  said:

And just what does that difference have to do with it?  The address for
the list was obviously harvested somewhere with a valid members address.
Anybody who is subscribed to the list can see the addresses of those who
post.  And since *most* of the members have valid addresses in their
mail to the list it seems unlikely that one or two using dummy addresses
have had an impact.

In fact, the extremely low spam rate on this list is refreshing.  The
"peter whaley" messages and the "out of the office" messages are more
irritating than the tiny amount of spam that actually gets through.  The
mailman is actually doing a fantastic job for us on this list.