pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can I add to spellchecker

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can I add to spellchecker
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:25:07 -0700

Beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Fri, 28 May 2004 13:00:51 -0400:

> I've somehow started getting the spellchecker with Pan under Fedora Core
> 1; it's not bad (though a tad intrusive), but very ignorant: it doesn't
> even know that 'spellchecker' and 'linux' are words! How do I add things
> to it?

Well, Linux should be capitalized.  That's probably what it's complaining
about there.  Spell-checker, I believe, should technically be hyphenated,
as I did.  Both should pass.

However, to answer your question..  Right-click (or use your menu key,
if you have one and prefer it to the mouse) on the marked word and look
under spelling suggestions. The first entry here is Add <word> to
dictionary.

Seems obvious when you know about it, doesn't it?  <g>

Benjamin Franklin