pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut!

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut!
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Wolf J.Flywheel wrote:

> > You'd have to download the file and decode it to know if the md5sum is
> > right or not.
>
>       Not really -- Pan would compare the md5 given in the SFV with that of
> the file already in your download directory in order to say, "Hey, I've
> got this already!"

Well then you have downloaded the file then to check the md5sum then
haven't you? :-P

I don't see any use in that unless you set up some function to parse the
SFV file and pull all the files from the group, as it stands now I have to
track down all the files and mark them for download anyway.

Am I missing something? The parsing the SFV file isn't too horrible an
idea I suppose, and have it check to see if all parts are present, warn if
they aren't (on the server), retry if the local copy doesn't match up in
"batch mode" 2-3 times or whatever.

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous