pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] 0.92 threading & GtkTreeViews

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] 0.92 threading & GtkTreeViews
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:21:38 +0200

On Mon, 10 Apr, 2006 at 23:05 +0200, Charles Kerr wrote:
> [ threading issue ]
> I looked at this today and narrowed the possibilities a little bit.
> You will probably find that the References header for (2) in
> /.pan2/groups/comp.os.linux.misc is corrupted, so the bug is somewhere
> in data-impl -- either in the initial threading or in writing
> References -- but probably not in the GtkTreeView.

Indeed, this is the section for (2):
<address@hidden>
        Re: VPN and VNC for Embedded Software Porting and Development in Remote
Hardware
        <address@hidden>

Just as you suspected, the references were trimmed to one (the first?).
After I removed ~/.pan2/groups/comp.os.linux.misc and retrieved all
headers again, the threading was correct again.

> [ GtkTreeView padding ]
> IMO this is too narrow.  Maybe I've just gotten used to the new widget.
> The default value is 2 and you're proposing 0; how about we split the
> difference and make a padding of 1? ;)

How about we make it a preference? :) Just kidding. Maybe I'm just not
used to the new widget yet (I think CList did no padding). I'd be
interested to see what other people on the list think.

Regards,
Christophe