pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: More GMime woes in MinGW

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: More GMime woes in MinGW
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:51:44 -0500

Artur Jachacy wrote:

All right! Moving on to Pan itself:

checking for intltool >= 0.23... 0.34.2 found
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

I finally found a way around this, and just updated the README.mingw:

Get ActivePerl 5.6.1 from http://www.c3scripts.com/tutorials/activeperl.

(Note: msys comes with perl, but not the XML::Parser module intltool needs. I haven't managed to build XML::Parser with mingw's perl, but ActivePerl ships with it, so we install it too. I got this workaround from Hans Breuer's page on building Dia on Windows.)

# use ActivePerl, rather than mingw perl,
# so that we get XML::Parser for intltool
export PERL="/c/Perl/bin/perl"
export INTLTOOL_PERL="/c/Perl/bin/perl"