pan-devel

[Pan-devel] CVS version and download speed

From: Tom Dexter
Subject: [Pan-devel] CVS version and download speed
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:59:37 -0500 (CDT)

I mentioned this in an email to the list a few months ago, and was curious
if anyone else has noticed this.

I have a cable modem and normally get close to full 10 Mbps downloads.
With the 0.14.2 verions of pan I can generally get my full bandwidth when
downloading...800 KB/sec to over 1 MB/sec.  With the current CVS (and the
one from several months ago) it simply seems incapable of exceeding 300
KB/sec, often staying around 100-200.

This is compiled on an x86 system running the latest Gentoo (2.6 kernel).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom