pan-devel

[Pan-devel] PAN install problems

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: [Pan-devel] PAN install problems
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:54:43 -0500

I used pan regularly some time back and loved it.

Today I decided to install the latest and try it again but it will not
install.

My system is Athalon XP 3000+ with 1GB memory and plenty of drive space,
running Fedora Core 4 fully updated with gnome as my desktop of
preference.

The first command does this:
address@hidden pan-0.11.4]$ ./configure
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr//lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

Gnome-libs is installed:
address@hidden pan-0.11.4]$ rpm -qa gnome-libs
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-46

I checked and sure enough there is no /usr/lib/gnomeConf.sh file, but
since I am using gnome as my desktop and gnome-libs was installed with
the initial install of FC4, why should I need that specific file? It
obviously is NOT generated by an install of gnome-libs on this system.

What is gnome-config and why should I need it?

How can I work around this block?

TIA
Jeff