pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] ATTN CVS users: branching for 0.12 maintenance

From: Bas Mevissen
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] ATTN CVS users: branching for 0.12 maintenance
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:01:07 +0200

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 23:24, you wrote:

> Detailed instructions on Pan's use of CVS, including how to switch to
> the pan-0-12-fix branch, can be found at
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/cvs.txt.

Are you a CVS wizard?

I'm looking for a smart script that can maintain 3 trees of pan:

pan HEAD in dir ~/cvs/pan
pan 0-11-fix in dir ~/cvs/pan-0-11-fix
pan 0-12-fix in dir ~/cvs/pan-0-12-fix

Can you give me some hint how to do that? I tried

CVSROOT=":pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/gnome"
cvs -z3 update -APd -r pan-0-11-fix pan pan-0-11-fix

But this tries to overwrite everything in ~/cvs/pan. How can I force it to
checkout and update in a different dir?

(what I want to do is to write a good script that checks out and updates a
couple of CVS modules with only 1 keypress)

Bas.