osip-dev

[osip-dev] Extend call ringing

From: Sithara Santharam
Subject: [osip-dev] Extend call ringing
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:29:07 +0530

Hi,
Please assume the scenario where A calls B. B keeps ringing without answering. B is pre-configured to ring for 20 seconds before dropping an unanswered call. So after 20 seconds B drops call.

I would like to know if there is a way in which the caller A can extend the call by sending re-invite so that B keeps ringing for another period. If so, is there a particular format/parameters for the re-invite?

[This scenario becomes more meaningful in case when there is an Auto-attendant in between, but let us assume direct call from A to B for now.]

Can anyone please tell me if this is possible.

Thanks
Sithara