oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] black windows

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] black windows
Date: 11 Oct 2002 22:26:47 +0200

Hi,

> I *never* saw that behaviour before.

I've seen it quite a bit, but not much, only with Kylix its getting
annoying.

> Can you to 2 things:
>
> First: oroborus -V

sure, sorry, I use debian/unstable, so 2.0.7

> Second: xprop and then click on that black window.
xprop:
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
                window state: Normal
                icon window: 0x0
_NET_WM_DESKTOP(CARDINAL) = 3
_WIN_WORKSPACE(CARDINAL) = 3
WM_ICON_NAME(STRING) = "Object Inspector, Project Manager"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "Object Inspector, Project Manager"
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW
WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
                Client accepts input or input focus: True
                Initial state is Normal State.
                bitmap id # to use for icon: 0x4c0e0f6
                bitmap id # of mask for icon: 0x4c0e0f5
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
                program specified location: 1, 164
                program specified minimum size: 0 by 0
                program specified maximum size: 1032 by 776
                window gravity: Static
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "ideManaged", "Kylix"
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x2, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0

Just noticed: when I go to another desktop and back again, its there and
painted, though it should be minimized.
and according to xprop, when it really does go away (ie, it did work),
the state is:
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
                window state: Withdrawn
                icon window: 0x0

(I did xprop -spy)

for completeness:
xwininfo: Window id: 0x4c0e0f0 "Object Inspector, Project Manager"

  Absolute upper-left X:  1
  Absolute upper-left Y:  164
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0
  Width: 190
  Height: 604
  Depth: 16
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
  Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: WhenMapped
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsUnMapped
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +1+164  -833+164  -833-0  +1-0
  -geometry 190x604+1-0

But, it doesn't happen always, just most of the time. Maybe its a timing
bug in winelib, who knows.

Btw, another thing I noticed yesterday:
I installed gnome2 from experimental, and oroborus doesn't notice the
panels when aligning windows, or when maximizing windows, but I've
thrown out gnome2 again, even though its nice too many applets need
porting that I use.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/