[Openvortex-dev] au8830+via applied PLEASE TEST

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] au8830+via applied PLEASE TEST
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:04:49 -0400

Hallo,

I applied Wilfrieds patch to current OpenVortex CVS. For all VIA
mainboard chipset owners, please test this new version. Make sure that
any "setpci" thingies remain DISABLED, since this is the only way to
test the real effect of the patch.

For those who had "setadbctrl failed" messages, please try it out. If
you still get those messages, then report it here ASAP with the output
of "lspci -v".

Would be convenient to know which other VIA chipset variant have to be
added, because ALSA is becoming feature frozen very soon, because of 1.0
version release.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards