Re: [Openvortex-dev] New preview available.

From: Erik Gustavsson
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] New preview available.
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:33:48 +0200

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 16:08, Manuel Jander wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Here is another CVS update preview. SInce the other one segfaults when
> using SPDIF, this should not. Well if anyone is having problems with it,
> please tell us.
>
> I changed the behaviour a bit, thanks to Erik Gustavsson suggestions.

Thanks to you for writing the driver!

> - When playing thru the "adb" device, you get sound on your AC97 codec
> and the SPDIF with samplerate conversion (48000Hz only for now).
> - When you playback on the "spdif" device, audio is tunneled with any
> samplerate conversion, nor mixing to the SPDIF out, and the signals
> playing thru "adb" aren't routed to the SPDIF anymore, until the "spdif"
> device is closed.

Well. The good news is that the driver doesn't crash anymore. Also, when
I use the spdif device I get sound! I have some reason to believe that
it doesn't quite work as advertised though, because I played a 44100Hz
MP3 and my hardware currently doesn't have the extra oscillator required
for 44.1KHz SPDIF output so it shouldn't work.

Also, with the adb device there is still only silence on the digital
output.

I'll play a bit with the code later...

/cyr