Re: [Openvortex-dev] enabling headphone output on mx300

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] enabling headphone output on mx300
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:06:49 -0500

Hi Anders,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:37:37AM +0100, Anders Haugen wrote:
> Hi, i just tried latest cvs of the driver with the new 2.6.0-test
> kernel(did some makefile changes to get it to compile) and my mx300.
> Everything i've tested so far works perfectly, mplayer, mpg321 and a
> couple other progs. Haven't noticed any stereo swaps or clicks.
>
> I enabled the amplifier setting with amixer to get the volume up and
> that worked. My only problem now is that i haven't found out how to get any
> sound to the headphones(the second output on the card). Is it just a
> setting somewhere that i have missed? The old binary driver has both
> outputs enabled by default.

When you say the "Headphone" output, is it the duplicate of the other
output, or was it implemeted as a separate PCM devices (/dev/dsp2 or
whatever)?

Manuel, was that true for you too?  If that is the case, perhaps the
MX300 is wired differently from the SQ2500 after all.  I keep saying
I'll try my MX300 but never have a chance to take my system down to do
it. :)

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253