Re: [Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

On 26 Jun 2003, Manuel Jander wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please, could anyone affected be the stereo swapping problem make a
> detailed description of hardware and software ?
> I have the following setup and i did never get such of problems. The
> only problem that still remains presistent on my computer is regarding
> some clicks i meantioned before when reproducing 8 bit samples with low
> sample rates (5000 - 22050 Hz)
>
> Info like this would be usefull

I can reproduce readily with the following setup:

set master mixer balance to 100% left

configure the xmms alsa output plugin to something like:
buffer time: 510
period time: 7
(changing these settings around varies the effect some)

play the file from http://www.infidigm.net/stereotest.wav using xmms w/
alsa out

you should be able to here bits of the "right" voice.

I also noticed that if you keep it playing it will sometimes going totally
out to lunch and switch sides entirely.

hope this helps,

-Jeff