Re: [Openvortex-dev] vortex_write_codec

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] vortex_write_codec
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:55:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Hi Jeff, Manuel,
>
> In the patch I submitted, I noted that two vortex_codec_read() are
> needed at the end of vortex_codec_write() in order to ensure that the
> next read is of the correct value.  However, in CVS, I notice there is
> only one.  This causes tests for AC97 features to randomly fail on my
> card.

Indeed this is the case.
I am still not sure why things are happening the way they are... However,
I committed a some new code to cvs. In theory it shouldn't be any better,
in practice it seems to be. Try it out if you could, if things are still
broken, I guess we'll have to do CODEC_IO write twice...

-Jeff