Re: [Openvortex-dev] au8830 problems

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] au8830 problems
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:32:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

On my computer, an AMD Athlon 1.4GHz Thunderbird with a ECS K7S5A
mainboard, integrated i810 compatible audio, 1 Turtle Beach Montego (AU8820)
and a Diamond MX300, both playback and recording works perfect. Playback
on multiple streams does also work 100% OK. More than one playback and recording works also. The only think i havent tested yet is recording multiple more than
one stream simultaneous on th same card.

For example, when i open 4 instances of XMMS, both of them using the AU8820
and the other two using the AU8830 (i checked that with the mixer settings
to be sure that the correct card was playing the intended XMMS) and all that works
100% OK.
I checked again the code on CVS, and it 100% the same i'm running right now.

I'm also runnig a john the ripper process, eating all my CPU, and the audio
playback doesnt skip (its a single CPU computer).

I guess, you understand why i decided to update the CVS :)

Best Regards,

Manuel Jander.

Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

Hello.

Good news, however, is that the driver doesn't seem to crash anymore.

On another matter: Is recording at all supported in au8830?

Yeah recording should work. Though I have personally tested it yet.

-Jeff