[Openvortex-dev] au8830 problems

From: Sipos Ferenc
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] au8830 problems
Date: 25 May 2003 13:26:09 +0200

Hi!

I have a Diamond Mx300 card which is au8830 based. Yesterday I have
tried the alsa driver from cvs, and I'd like to share my experiences:

with xmms and alsa9 plugin, the music plays very fast
with mplayer and -ao alsa9 also
there are no oss support, the modules won't load automatically, and if I
modprobe them by hand, it won't help, I attach my modules.conf file, if
the problem is within.

Thx for any help

I know it's alpha status, but it's the only hope to get sound support in
2.5 kernels.

Paco