[Openvortex-dev] Re: Aureal progress?

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Aureal progress?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:41:27 -0400

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mohr wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:13:47PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mohr wrote:

Hi,

I just reread your Aureal postings to ALSA, and it seems your driver is
pretty much working now: great work!! (I know what it's like to write a driver
TOTALLY from scratch, I wrote azt3328)
However, would it be too much hassle to have it committed to CVS? ;-)

Well, it works. You can Play Quake, use XMMS, use the MPU401 MIDI uart, mixer etc, but there are still some bugs. Sometimes the SampleRateConverter on the AU8830 and probably the AU8810 wents "crazy". I'm not sure if thats good enough to actually
include it into ALSA yet ... ?
OF COURSE it is! ;)
Just add a module message that it's an EXPERIMENTAL driver, and I'm sure
everyone will like it.
OK Vortex people. Are we ready for a sneak preview ?

I think it's too difficult (I'm *LAZY*). And I also don't use anything else
other than CVS, so... :)
Check out the CVS on
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvortex/
I though your appeal to CVS was joke :) sorry.

Oh, and of course I'm not the only one by far - other people probably don't
even know that Aureal support might exist ;)
(so imagine how astonished they would be if they suddenly found an Aureal
driver in ALSA ;)

Tell them :) ...
Yep, and they'd react like: hmm, I looked everywhere but couldn't find that
driver in ALSA CVS. Where the heck is it??? :)
----****   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvortex/ ****-----

Also, Takashi is EXTREMELY fast at committing stuff, so the "development
overhead" of having a "public" driver is not even worth discussing...

I think if the other Vortex people agree, that would be OK.
Oh, several people even? Cool!
Yeah we are several people. Fortunately some of are coding :)

Greets,

Andreas Mohr

Greets

Manuel Jander

PD: To the Openvortex people: Any comments ?