Re: [Openvortex-dev] beautify patches

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] beautify patches
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:20:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Will DeRousse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a few patches that cleanup things quite a bit. One is quite big so I
> did not post them. They are available at:
>
> http://kmusicdb.sourceforge.net/beauty1.diff

this one looks fine.

> http://kmusicdb.sourceforge.net/beauty2.diff

a lot of the indenting in the header files is intentional.
hw registers tend to have 1 indent, constants 2 etc.
This helps readability signifcantly as it makes the structure somewhat
hierarchal instead of flat.
Just the same the indentention is not as consistent as it could be.

> http://kmusicdb.sourceforge.net/beauty3.diff

looks fine.

> http://kmusicdb.sourceforge.net/beauty4.diff

This looks like it cleans up some of the dos line endings as well. Good.

> beauty1.diff contains spelling fixes and some spacing cleanups
> beauty2.diff cleans up indenting on the header files
> beauty3.diff cleans up extra lines mostly
> beauty4.diff trailing whitespace
>
> I deliberately left the code alone. And tried not to be intrusive. No code
> was changed.

Manuel do you have any work pending? If not I'll commit 1, 3 and 4.

-Jeff