Re: [Openvortex-dev] consolidation of au88x0 files

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] consolidation of au88x0 files
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:07:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Manuel Jander wrote:

> Hi Will,
>

> I new this wouldn't  be easy. Thats why i went the easy fool way :) .
> Having to build every driver separated doesn't seme
> very good idea. I would prefer the overhead of the extra files. I asked
> about this issue on the ALSA list before and nobody
> did answer. I think i'll try again there (maybe they now some extra ALSA
> makefile tricks).

Additionally the driver will eventually have to build with the kernel
build system. This likely further limits the magic that can be done.
Although it isn't very elegant, the solution that we use now does have the
advantage that it allows the build system to remain simple. Things might
have to split up more later anyways...

-Jeff