[Openexr-devel] Negative yStride

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Negative yStride
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:54:00 -0700

I'm reading into an image buffer where the lines are ordered from bottom to
top, so I'm using a negative yStride like so:

frameBuffer.insert(name,
                    Slice(Imf::FLOAT,
                            last_line_ptr,
                            xStride,
                            -rowbytes, // yStride
                            xSampling, ySampling, fill) );

But one thing I noticed is that Slice's yStride is a size_t, which is unsigned.
 So instead of a modest negative number, the debugger shows it as a huge
unsigned integer.

It seems to work fine, but I find it a little off-putting.  Should I be worried?

Brendan