[Openexr-devel] Re: Couple of minor things...

From: darby johnston
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: Couple of minor things...
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- darby johnston <address@hidden> wrote:

> When compiling OpenEXR under Solaris 10 6/06 with
> Sun
> Studio 11, I got an error about missing math
> symbols:

> Solaris isn't listed in your supported platforms,
> but
> maybe it would be easy enough to add a "-lm" to the
> configure?

Sorry, meant to get back to this earlier but have been
super busy...

Maybe this could be added to "configure.ac":

AC_SEARCH_LIBS([floor], [m])

That will add an "-lm" to the linker line, making
solaris happy and hopefully not unduly affecting
anything else. It looks like on other platforms libm
is  automatically pulled in from libstdc++.

I just tried this on Solaris, FreeBSD, and Fedora 4,
and it seemed to work ok.

Thanks, Darby