om-synth

[Om-synth] Further problems compiling om-synth

From: Ross Clement
Subject: [Om-synth] Further problems compiling om-synth
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:17:25 +0000

This is on my work laptop, where I can't compile om-synth, not my
desktop where it compiles, but om crashes as soon as I start om_gtk.

I found that I hadn't been using the 3.2 version of the compiler as I
thought. I went through and (using a find) changed all the CXX = g++ to
CXX = g++32. I then tried to "make clean" and then compile.
Unfortunately I get an error saying that "usleep" is undefined. This is
different from the errors I get when compiling with g++ (4.0) where the
methods of PortBase in PortBase.o seem to be "undefined" even though
PortBase.o is listed in the final compile that would output "om".

Also, I'm not sure that "make clean" cleans things properly. If I make a
brand new version of om-synth, it takes a long time and compiles a large
number of files. If I "make clean" and then make it again, it only
recompiles a few file. I used a find to delete all the ".o" files, but
it still does not seem to repeat all compilation.

I've attached the output (plain text) of a make of om with "g++32"
specified in all Makefiles.

Cheers,

Ross-c