om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] plugin menu list

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] plugin menu list
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:28:01 -0500

On Mon, 2005-19-12 at 22:13 +0100, federico wrote:
> I saw in other audio modular software that plugin are grouped by categories.
> would be nice to put inside the right-click menu, the complete tree of
> plugins indexed by category.
> I find this approach more handy. I look forward to hear your points :)

Been meaning to do this for a while (which technically means supporting
liblrdf for LADSPA plugin metadata) but unfortunately very few LADSPA
plugins actually have RDF files accompanying them that provide this
information, so the vast majority of plugins wouldn't be categorized
anyway.  In other words, the benefit from support is low, so I don't
have much incentive to do it.

If the majority of LADSPA plugins had RDF metadata, incentive would be
much higher.  Hint, hint. ;)

-DR-