om-synth

[Om-synth] gui suggestion

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: [Om-synth] gui suggestion
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:17:57 +0100

Hi

When a module has control rate input these can be edited by double-clicking on the module, and grabbing the slider and/or typing a value. I think it would benefit the user experience, speedup programming and make om more plesant to work with if the following was also possible:

Left click on an input should display a small box (similar to the search box when opening files) and moving the mouse up/down should increase/decrease the value. Some modifier should be used for increasing in larger/smaler steps, for instance pressing control should make bigger adjustmenst, shift would make the adjustmenst smaller than normal.

The result is that a lot of programming can be done without opening the module dialog, which means it's much faster, leaves less clutter and gets rid of the confusion as to which-of-these-open-product-modules-is-the-one-I wanna.modify.

Looking forward for some feedback :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte