Re: line continuations

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: line continuations
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 16:49:43 +0000

On Thursday, 20 February 2020 14.35.19 WET Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> can you give a code example of what produces an error in matlab but not
> octave? i may be misunderstanding your earlier comments.

c = ['1 2 3 '; '4 5 6 ']

strrep(c, '2', '0')

The call to strrep fails in Matlab since c is not a char array and it succeeds
in Octave (with an anti-intuitive result IMHO). My proposal is to do the same
in Octave.

[m,n] = size(c);

If m != 1 and n!= 1 then throw an error. I hope that this now makes sense. :-)

Regards,
--
José Matos