Re: line continuations

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: line continuations
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 18:19:59 +0000

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 17.24.13 WET Rik wrote:
> Yes, that looks like you found a bug.  Could you file a report at
> bugs.octave.org?  That needs to be fixed before the 6.1 release.

BTW I got this because of the following snippet:

>> c = ['1 2 3 ', ...
     '4 5 6']
c =

1 2 3
4 5 6

>> strrep(c, '2', '0')
ans = 14  05  36

This is confusing, to say the least. :-)

The right result should be:
c = 1 2 3 4 5 6
ans = 1 0 3 4 5 6

Not that it matters much but in Matlab (according to the documentation and
asking a colleague to test it) we get and error if the first argument is not a
character vector.

Should I fill this as a Matlab compatibility issue or is this done on purpose?

Best regards,
--
José Matos