Re: Objects: contributing the dynamicprops and hgsetget classes

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Objects: contributing the dynamicprops and hgsetget classes
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 01:16:07 +0000

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 at 14:09, FARHI Emmanuel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm now willing to contribute my dynamicprops and hgsetget classes
> into the main Octave repo. Thanks to your advices I have added tests
> for each superclass (and tested the test works). I also updated the
> documentation but could not check it as 'help' does not seem to
> parse correctly texinfo headers with classdef.
>
> So, I'd like to know if:
> 1- you agree in this, i.e. include dynamicprops and hgsetget as
> default octave packages (not octave-forge)

Please open a patch report for each one of those at:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=octave

Note that hgsetget is deprecated in Matlab, so not sure if it makes
sense to add it to Octave to remove it soon.

> 2- where should it go in the repo hierarchy ? (e.g. scripts/lang as
> in Matlab ?)

I would imagine it should go into miscellaneous.  There is no
scripts/lang in Octave.

~ carandraug