Re: macOS 4.4.0 DMG (beta2) ready for testing

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: macOS 4.4.0 DMG (beta2) ready for testing
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 09:20:18 -0400

Good; I hope it is useful to you.

I'm afraid I am unable to reproduce the crash. I installed control using `pkg install -forge control`, loaded it with `pkg load control`, and tried out the example functions found in `help tf`, and they worked.

>> s = tf ('s');
>> G = 1/(s+1)

Transfer function 'G' from input 'u1' to output ...

        1
 y1:  -----
      s + 1

Continuous-time model.
>> num = {[1, 5, 7], [1]; [1, 7], [1, 5, 5]};
>> den = {[1, 5, 6], [1, 2]; [1, 8, 6], [1, 3, 2]};
>> sys = tf (num, den)

Transfer function 'sys' from input 'u1' to output ...

      s^2 + 5 s + 7
 y1:  -------------
      s^2 + 5 s + 6

          s + 7
 y2:  -------------
      s^2 + 8 s + 6

Transfer function 'sys' from input 'u2' to output ...

        1
 y1:  -----
      s + 2

      s^2 + 5 s + 5
      s^2 + 3 s + 2

Continuous-time model.

Though I did get a *ton* of compiler warnings when doing the `pkg install -forge control` step.

Could you provide more specific steps to reproduce the crash? What inputs are you using for "a" and "b" in "tf(a,b)"? And have you re-installed the `control` package since upgrading to Octave 4.4.0?

I've opened an issue on the Octave.app project if you want to track my progress on this: https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app-bundler/issues/37

Cheers,
Andrew