Re: Octave on Yosemite

From: ailevin
Subject: Re: Octave on Yosemite
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:28:20 -0800 (PST)

Dear Sebastian,

I installed 3.8.2-4-atlas-dev with no gui using Fink. I am new to Fink, and I don't know more much than this about what I installed.  Perhaps you could look in the Fink database http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/index.php?phpLang=en. My limited experience is that the Fink install goes much more smoothly on Yosemite than Macports. In fact, even on previous versions of OS X and octave, the Macports install was always a bit of a struggle.

I installed a 3.8.0 bundle with gui  on my previous OS X  system (Mountain Lion 10.9.5 I think). I was not very impressed with the gui. Granted it was in beta, but I am happy with my workflow using an octave terminal window, an editor, and plot/display windows.

Regards
Alan